There, I Fixed It – Redux

Last week I shared our family’s challenges figuring out how to make the lights work on our pre-lit Christmas tree.  Turns out we’re not the only ones who must resort to jerry-rigging, as evidenced by the hilarious inventive photos on There, I Fixed It.

But, in case any of you were concerned that this Wise Family would suffer through a light-less holiday, let me present ….. Ta-Dah! Our lit tree!

XMAS-tree-2009

Sorry about the blurriness; this was the only shot that showed conclusively that the lights are, without a doubt, on!

Upon closer inspection, you will see ours is a makeshift solution. But, it’s nothing that a strategic placement of an ottoman and turning of the tree can’t hide.

xmass-tree-three

xmas-tree-2009-two

P.S. Thank you to Wise Hubby for his patience and sense of humor about all this.

Comments

• Maura Says:
    12-15-2009 12:10:06

Elaine:
    This made me laugh. When I saw the orange cord and the number of plugs going into it I am reminded of the TV show Home Improvement with “Tim The Tool Man Taylor” looking at a home challenge and grunting with excitement at the project. So to Mike, Wes a and I say with awe, “Argh, Argh, Argh, job well done”

12-15-2009 13:11:42

Hysterical!

• Cindy L. Says:
    12-16-2009 09:55:21

Thanks for the smiles. Tree is lovely now, but I’ve heard several people tell me their “pre-lit” tree lights don’t work. Ah, the holidays!!

12-16-2009 10:11:39

Good for you! Personally, I like the blurry light effect on a Christmas tree. Just this year we have new lights that plug into the end of each other instead of all plugging into an extension cord. No one looking at our tree will know the difference, and an ottoman is the perfect camoflauge.

• website optimization tips Says:
    9-17-2014 04:09:40

Perhaps you don’t have web design to be prepared for
    a firm system. This will also come in all the protecting shields helping yourself
    against any threat caused by an individual is comfortable navigating web-based environments.

my web blog; website optimization tips

• Raquel Says:
    1-12-2015 20:15:45

These are the amazing attributes that give the apprehension to hire the locksmith for getting expected outcomes.

If you just have moved into a new place in the San Francisco area, you should look
    for locksmith service in San Francisco. The companies are licensed and insured
    under the well-known authorities as well as offer
    you 24 hours, 7days emergency locksmith services as per